Do I need a partner for every country?
How do I select and work with them?
In order to provide goods and service into international markets, many companies choose to build a network of partners, working with local companies in many countries. This in-depth workshop will provide a framework for selecting and working with multiple partners. Topics covered include:
- Distributors & Agents – what’s the difference & which do I need?
- How to evaluate a potential distributor / agent
- Exclusive or non-exclusive contracts?
- How long should a contract last?
- Where can I ‘find’ a ‘standard’ contract to use?
- Applicable law?
- Managing partners, building a long-term relationship
- Setting sales targets
- During the pandemic
In addition, this workshop will also discuss tender based sales:
- Tenders, the good, the bad and what to watch out for!
- The information you need to know
- Schedule (and performance bonds)
Who should attend:
- Company Founder, CEO, COO, CFO etc.
- Export Manager / Director
- International Sales & Marketing team
The charge for this workshop is £100 for BESA members and £145 for non-members.
About the series
This workshop is one of an initial series of four interactive on-line workshops. Each workshop will be a deep dive into a specific topic related to exporting and how to achieve international growth.
All of the workshops will be on-line with a maximum of 10 delegates, providing ample opportunity to ask the facilitator in-depth questions and for group discussions of the issues raised.
1: Introduction to Exporting – How to get started 2: Researching and selecting new export markets
- 3: Finding and working with distributors and agents
- 4: Selling to International schools