How do I select a market?
What criteria should I use?
No matter if your company is just starting its exporting journey or it is a seasoned exporter, having a clear plan of how to identify and quantify an export opportunity is essential. Topics covered in this 3 hour interactive in-depth workshop includes:
- Where do i find information on a potential market:
- On-line resources (what’s available and how good is it?)
- Commercially available reports – who provides them, are they worth it?
- Commissioning reports (OMIS)
- Published tenders / invitations to partner
- Scoping visits
- Exhibitions and Missions (DIT identified key markets)
- What financial support may be available to help when researching a market?
- Evaluating a potential market opportunity:
- Does the potential justify the risk?
- What’s the true cost?
- Me-too or missionary work?
- A framework for market selection:
- Organisations that help exporters
- Current hot spots
- Considerations during the pandemic
Who should attend:
- Company Founder, CEO, COO, CFO etc.
- Export Manager / Director
- International Sales & Marketing team
The charge for this workshop is £100 for BESA members and £145 for non-members.
About the series
This workshop is one of an initial series of four interactive on-line workshops. Each workshop will be a deep dive into a specific topic related to exporting and how to achieve international growth.
All of the workshops will be on-line with a maximum of 10 delegates, providing ample opportunity to ask the facilitator in-depth questions and for group discussions of the issues raised.
1: Introduction to Exporting – How to get started 2: Researching and selecting new export markets
- 3: Finding and working with distributors and agents
- 4: Selling to International schools